BAKA!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for BAKA at MMU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MMUGG (mainly for committee members)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gonads

Gonads

MMUGG (mainly for committee members) Empty
PostSubject: MMUGG (mainly for committee members)   MMUGG (mainly for committee members) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:43 am

Hello everyone! I am one of the guys (Paul to be precise) mentioned in the email from Phil Kynaston trying to set up a computer gaming society but according to Phil you already cover that...?

How much gaming do you do? From the looks of it you are predominantly to do with anime with a twist of sweet old school gaming?

Just want to get it sorted out soon so I have more chance of getting freshers stall.
Back to top Go down
orca

orca

PostSubject: Re: MMUGG (mainly for committee members)   MMUGG (mainly for committee members) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:37 am

Hi,
Last year I was trying to do the same thing, but had been working a long time with the MMU Anime Society, which had shrank a little, so I tried to create a double society, in a bid to keep both interests going.

Mostly it works well, we have two rooms, one with anime and one with consoles, nerf guns, card games and various other things.

They are supposed to be two, loosely linked groups, under one banner, so as to exist, as both groups alone, are too small.
Back to top Go down
http://baka.yolasite.com
jhorsfield30

jhorsfield30

PostSubject: Gaming society   MMUGG (mainly for committee members) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:39 pm

I'am a newbie, 1st year at MMU in September, but a gaming society would be awesome,
How has response been before with gaming in BAKA?
Back to top Go down
Gonic

Gonic

PostSubject: Re: MMUGG (mainly for committee members)   MMUGG (mainly for committee members) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:28 pm

Its mostly half and half. Gaming room goes on really well and its always great for a laugh!
Back to top Go down
jhorsfield30

jhorsfield30

PostSubject: Re: MMUGG (mainly for committee members)   MMUGG (mainly for committee members) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:18 pm

Gonic wrote:
Its mostly half and half. Gaming room goes on really well and its always great for a laugh!
Hmm, I'am mainly for manga and anime, but do like to collect retro consoles..
What games do you generally play?
Back to top Go down
Sombre

Sombre

PostSubject: Re: MMUGG (mainly for committee members)   MMUGG (mainly for committee members) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:34 am

I will PERSONALLY spearhead a Typing of the Dead society.
Back to top Go down
http://www.proceduraldialogue.wordpress.com
jhorsfield30

jhorsfield30

PostSubject: Typing away the dead   MMUGG (mainly for committee members) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:13 am

Sombre wrote:
I will PERSONALLY spearhead a Typing of the Dead society.
Cool avatar Sombre, might give that typing dead a try..
I did like house of the dead 3 in the arcade, till I saw the rubbish ending.
Back to top Go down
Gonads

Gonads

PostSubject: Re: MMUGG (mainly for committee members)   MMUGG (mainly for committee members) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:31 am

Thanks for stealing the thread... '-___-

But seriously I really like Typing of the Dead too. Last time I played it I didn't realise it was running in double speed so was VERY HARD considering I am not a very good touch typist anyway.

I also find it quite intimidating that some of you will know more about pokemon than me.

@orca We are going ahead with a new society as there should be loads of space for both societies. I might even join BAKA next year as I like the sound of your games room!
Back to top Go down
orca

orca

PostSubject: Re: MMUGG (mainly for committee members)   MMUGG (mainly for committee members) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:12 am

Typing of the dead made the dreamcast for me, there is nothing quite like seeing the cutscene with the dreamcast backpack and battery for the first time. I laughed so hard I died.
...and had to start the level again.

A dedicated games society could work out, with our attention split two ways, we might have failed where you might succeed, I wish you the best of luck.
(Not that we _failed_ I mean we had a small member base that eroded over time)
Back to top Go down
http://baka.yolasite.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMUGG (mainly for committee members)   MMUGG (mainly for committee members) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MMUGG (mainly for committee members)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BAKA! :: BAKA-Admin :: Introductions-
Jump to: