BAKA!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for BAKA at MMU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I contacted MUJS

Go down 
+4
shuwie
EvaPilot1
Sombre
Gonic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gonic

Gonic

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:56 pm

I attended one of there cosplay partys not to long ago. Anyway i enjoyed it that much i joined there fourm. Dont worry im sticking with baka lol. Anyway here is what they have said to me.
'It's really late notice, Gonic, but there's talk about a group of us going to Ultra Kitty at Fab Cafe on Monday night. There's also NanimeW on Wednesday at The Green Room. Maybe there could be a cross-city anime meet up before everyone goes home for Christmas?'

So what do you guys think? We could count it as a social event. Plus it would be great to make more friends with a similar tastes as us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sombre

Sombre

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: Re: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:20 pm

Gonic wrote:
Plus it would be great to make more friends with a similar tastes as us Very Happy
I contacted MUJS 10216_282042855385_556800385_8893005_5727611_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.proceduraldialogue.wordpress.com
EvaPilot1

EvaPilot1

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: Re: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:39 pm

I... wouldnt mind taking a look...
Starts 7:30... wednesday. If you know where you going I would certainly like to go... but hell I probably wont go alone :/
Back to top Go down
http://evapilot.wordpress.com
Sombre

Sombre

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: Re: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am

It's a bit crass how you just say we're a shitty club.
Back to top Go down
http://www.proceduraldialogue.wordpress.com
Gonic

Gonic

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: Re: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:37 am

I didnt say it was a shitty club. I was just saying it would nice meet up with another club that is bassically the same as ours. And if i thought this was a 'shitty' club i would of left weeks ago
Back to top Go down
shuwie

shuwie

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: Re: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:29 pm

we're not good enough for him guise - kk cool story bro, nice knowing you
Back to top Go down
Gonic

Gonic

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: Re: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:30 pm

Hey!
Back to top Go down
KS

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: Re: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:56 pm

Ehh! What if he got you potential new members ?! How mean of you to act this way to him. Elitists!

Or at least one potential?! I may be going to MMU next year~

Oh I want to add that Ultra Kitty nights were actually sort of started by the MAL Manchester group, and we invited a few MUJS people and so it became mixed bag of anime people really :3
Back to top Go down
Zero_angel

Zero_angel

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: Re: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:10 am

In Gonic and KS' defence, it's not against the rules to open up new doorways to collaborate with other clubs, societies etc, and I'm personally all up for it, but please note that this club is practically only being run by three people, with limited resources, and an unconfirmed budget and I can understand the temptation of "defecting".

If you're just scouting and building a bridge with other clubs to help us grow, then I thankyou and I appreciate the effort.

I am at the neutral with all this.

However...

The club is still at it's pioneer stage. As I mentioned during the first club session: "We are not the alpha and omega of anime and Japanese culture"

I only speak for myself here, it's not easy entertaining and running two club nights. I am honestly tiring my best to satisfy everyone, but I can't really do much when I hardly get any suggestions on how to improve and anything I do get, is mostly difficult to do at the moment.

I'm sorry for all the room changes
I'm sorry for being unable to entertain you all
I'm sorry that my efforts are being in vain
I'm sorry that I'm still learning how to run a club
I'm sorry that no one else can be asked to help out
I'm sorry that I've only been a vice-chairman for a year

Long story cut short, if you just want to slag off the club and move to a better society, please don't sugar coat it. Be blunt, tell me about it, and I'll try to make things better for you. Otherwise, sorry for wasting your time on a club that is still growing.

To those who appreciate our efforts, I cannot thank you enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/418639
Gonic

Gonic

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: Re: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:25 am

I love baka. Nothing will stop me from loving baka. But as zero_angel said. I was opening a doorway for us all to make new friends. And Zero_Angel i appricate all you hard work. Its fun to have you as a Vice-Chairman
Back to top Go down
orca

orca

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: Re: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:06 am

Whoa whoa whoa guys, this is getting a little out of hand...

Okay, Gonic, I appreciate the effort, and Sombre, did I miss something? Where's the slander?
(I assume if there was any it's been edited away, but it seems unusual to have a regular such as Gonic suddenly slate BAKA)

Zero_Angel, relax, you're doing a wonderfully fine job, even though the member base has trickled down, it's mostly my fault if anyones. I failed to provide the consistancy that the society needed in the first few weeks.

As Chair, it's my duty to do room bookings and stuff, and while I tried to fight the GM building guys, I still failed. Zero is not to blame, he is awesome, please show some respect people.

If anyone has a problem, come see me, I am aware we're not the best society in the universe, but we do what we can, if you want something, you have to ask, we can't read minds, and we already do what we can think of.
Zero is right, we don't get enough suggestions, or ideas from our members, experience shows people just prefer to go with what we provide or quietly fade out of the meetings. I can't force you not to do either.

Seriously though, BAKA is member run, me Zero and Raptor are just students, we think BAKA is the shit, so we put in the effort, if you want to help, you are more then welcome, if not, no worries, but don't talk bad about us please.

Okay, kinda meandering around a bit, I'll just leave this here.
Back to top Go down
http://baka.yolasite.com
Pheefa

Pheefa

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: Re: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:55 pm

I heard bad things about this shizz. So I thought I'd join and prove them wrong!

I think Gonic's done a good job of promoting this group. =3

Of course, you have hurdles to jump over, but gambare!
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Pheefa
Sponsored content

I contacted MUJS Empty
PostSubject: Re: I contacted MUJS   I contacted MUJS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I contacted MUJS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BAKA! :: Fun :: Random S**t-
Jump to: