BAKA!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for BAKA at MMU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.

Go down 
+3
fordy
Gonic
Chinglee42
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chinglee42

Chinglee42

It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. Empty
PostSubject: It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.   It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:17 pm

An important question before I start: I didn't join the club at the freshers fair so would I be able to join when I attend a meeting?

Yeah, its kinda late but whatever. Hi everybody, I'm chinglee(not my actual name) and these two weeks of Uni have really been a drag. No one in my course is shares my interest and so I haven't 'properly' talked to anyone yet because of that.

EDIT: Yay, I found some people I can relate to in my class...finally.

Well hopefully I can find some people here who share similar interests.

....well here is what makes me awesome:

I like listening to different types of rock music(including j-rock) and music from other Genres. Some of my fav bands/artists are BFMV, Enter Shikari, Gazette, Disturbed, SlipKnot, Maximum the Hormone, Utada Hikaru and others.

I also listen to video game soundtracks from games such as Final Fantasy, Persona series, Crono Cross, Dragon quest....basically most Japanese role playing game soundtracks.
The music from these vary from Orchestral Music to hard rock music.

Gaming is what I do most of time. Keep up with gaming news, play hours on end trying to 100% percent a game. I enjoy role playing games, Japanese and western although they seem to be lacking on major platform compared to the last generation of consoles.

Am I forgetting something.....?Oh yeah, anime and manga. I finished watching some animes: FullMetal Alchemist, Wolfs Rain, Samurai Chaploo and more.

I'm keeping up with Naruto Shippiden and Bleach and don't watch much more at the moment. Im also keeping up with the manga.

Knowerdays I hardly go out since college friends are studying in other universities like Bolton.
It's also a shame that one of my closest friend had to move to London during the second year of college.

Last edited by Chinglee42 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gonic

Gonic

PostSubject: Re: It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.   It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:32 pm

Welcome to Baka. Youv'e come to the right place Smile I'm Gonic (Gareth) Im easy to find. Im always carrying a sonic bag round. I look forward to seeing you!
Back to top Go down
Chinglee42

Chinglee42

PostSubject: Re: It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.   It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Gonic wrote:
Welcome to Baka. Youv'e come to the right place Smile I'm Gonic (Gareth) Im easy to find. Im always carrying a sonic bag round. I look forward to seeing you!

Thanks for the welcome Smile

A sonic fan eh? I guess you are looking forward to the downloadable Sonic 4 game or even possibly busy with the Dreamcast Sonic game that was recently made available on PSN/XLM?

I'm not a huge fan of sonic but I do appreciate some of the games and since I'm addicted to anything game related I just happen to know of these things.

Well anywho, I look forward to metting ya!
Back to top Go down
fordy

fordy

PostSubject: Re: It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.   It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Nice to meet you chinglee, I'm James and I look forward to meeting you at one of the meetings hopefully.
Also, don't worry you can still buy membership online at the mmunion website on the BAKA page- that's what I did.
Back to top Go down
Sombre

Sombre

PostSubject: Re: It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.   It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Resound, oh cry of victory!
Back to top Go down
http://www.proceduraldialogue.wordpress.com
Chinglee42

Chinglee42

PostSubject: Re: It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.   It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:23 pm

fordy wrote:
Nice to meet you chinglee, I'm James and I look forward to meeting you at one of the meetings hopefully.
Also, don't worry you can still buy membership online at the mmunion website on the BAKA page- that's what I did.

Thanks. I'll try doing that. If I have any problems buying a membership, I'll be sure to ask for help on this forum.

Also, how much is the membership fee?
Back to top Go down
Chinglee42

Chinglee42

PostSubject: Re: It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.   It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Sombre wrote:
Resound, oh cry of victory!

O merciless conflagration, burn the very souls of my enemies. Crimson Flare!

Tales of Vesperia FTW Smile

Oh, I just found out that you pay £2.50 for the membership and £5 pounds for the activities?

So do I pay £7.50 which will be for the whole year?

I'd also prefer to pay at the union instead of online. How would I go about doing that?
Back to top Go down
YamaGoku

YamaGoku

PostSubject: Re: It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.   It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Nice to meet you Chinglee, the name is Louise, I'll be looking forward to seeing you at the BAKA meeting~!
I'm usually pretty easy to spot just look for a girl whose basically screaming her head off because of the seiyuu, and that one crazy fangirl would be atashi (me)...
Back to top Go down
http://neonstar.wordpress.com
Ludoc

Ludoc

PostSubject: Re: It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.   It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:36 pm

Welcome to baka, awesome taste in music, and games and anime Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Archer

PostSubject: Re: It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.   It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:20 am

Why did yuri turn....well.....yaoi?

You listen to all that music and actually list OST but don't name any 東方 music. I'm shocked. D: Maybe the most doujinated series in existence.

Check em. What a Face

The original;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN1BhwqX29w

Most well known doujin;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vosm9V2Gh8Q&feature=related

Randoms;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qS1kqhhebw&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZwJKNEgNjU&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meVtJ_plmLI&feature=related

And of course, the classic, only works if you get the words I guess, like a lot of these songs....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra8usWmcVMk&feature=related

So yea, I only listed like 2 groups there, but theres about a million, all differing with how serious they treat the music.

I got kinda sidetracked again though.....

Welcome~
Back to top Go down
Chinglee42

Chinglee42

PostSubject: Re: It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.   It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Sorry for the late post, I haven't had internet acess for the past few days.

Anyways, wow all those videos made me so confused and made my head exlpode, although the music was catchy as hell.

Unfortunatly I can't join the club too soon since I can't afford to spend money on joining(saving up for something).

I'll hopfully join about 3 weeks from now.

@Ludoc, yeah, I have awesome taste since I'm an awesome guy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.   It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's boring in Uni. Let's meet some people! Hi, nice to meet you.
Page 1 of 1