BAKA!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for BAKA at MMU

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestion for the society...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gonic

Gonic

Suggestion for the society... Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:54 am

Have you ever throught about throwing game tournaments or anime quiz nights? It could bring more attention to the society. Or is that a horrible idea? xD
Back to top Go down
Zero_angel

Zero_angel

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Gonic wrote:
Have you ever throught about throwing game tournaments or anime quiz nights? It could bring more attention to the society. Or is that a horrible idea? xD

Quiz nights were done last year and have already been planned for this year. Game tournaments may not go so well since not every will agree to just competing each other on a single game.

Unless everyone agrees to something like smash bros. or street fighter VI , it's kinda going to be unlikely.

Last edited by Zero_angel on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/418639
Gonic

Gonic

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:44 pm

What if it was open to evryone...? It could bring more attention to the society...I dunno just an idea :S lol
Back to top Go down
orca

orca

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:35 pm

Hmm, interesting idea.
We could host, but not declare it an offical thing.
Sounds doable.
What kind of attendance do you have in mind? bearing in mind the restrictions of no food and hopefully, noise control.
Back to top Go down
http://baka.yolasite.com
Kongy

Kongy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:48 pm

If this follows though would there possibly be a tekken 6 tourney too if many people play that?
But rooting for brawl tourney to start things off lol.
Back to top Go down
orca

orca

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:57 pm

We'll have to vote.
Brawl will probably be first though, we might run them both on the same day.
Back to top Go down
Gonic

Gonic

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Orca wrote:
Hmm, interesting idea.
We could host, but not declare it an offical thing.
Sounds doable.
What kind of attendance do you have in mind? bearing in mind the restrictions of no food and hopefully, noise control.

Well we could advertise it round the uni but that could be quite pricy. And attendence would be according on the game wouldnt? Say brawl for example that can have up to 32 players or something like that. So we would have to mention that on advertising posters etc...But of course the society will know first so they can join up before anyone else does. Tbh this is really a topic that should be talked to person to person lol :S xD
Back to top Go down
Zero_angel

Zero_angel

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:13 pm

...Seems like you're passionate about this.
Problem is, it seems that you want to make this open. I'm pretty sure that the union and/or department won't allow it unless it's done during something like another fresher's fair.

Not to mention, I kinda like to keep the club chav free...I'm pretty sure if such an event started, we'll be swamped by them.

To tell you the truth, judging from experience, such a publicity stunt won't benefit us. We'll just be getting moochers and one-off thrill seekers. If we were in an anime, it would obviously work out, but one must know where the line is between "fact and fiction", "dream and reality".

Unless this event is closed and only exclusive to club members, I object to idea.

Orca is the boss in the end, but personally, as much as I like the idea...it's kinda not going to happen.

Last edited by Zero_angel on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gonic

Gonic

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Zero Angel makes a good point...I wouldnt want baka to be swarmed with chavs to :/ Yeah it should be members only...
Back to top Go down
Zero_angel

Zero_angel

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:54 am

Oh don't get me wrong, it's a good idea, but if you can get by/passed all the down sides of such an event, Orca and I would totally do our best to get it done.

Well, we can debate about it more during the social tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Ludoc

Ludoc

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 4:51 am

Zero_angel wrote:

Not to mention, I kinda like to keep the club chav free...

Here here
Back to top Go down
orca

orca

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Okay, I like the idea, and not to contradict Zero, I think this could be good publicity, if executed properly.
I have met a few people who do not realise the difference between the Anime society and BAKA with regards to the games side of things. I think this should be an open even, in the way that we allow non-members, but it should be generally invite only. All members are free to invite people they think would be interested (and anyone who might have doubts) but will not be widely advertised. Since most members don't know chavs, I think it's a safe bet they won't appear, I will mull it over, and bring it to vote at the meeting.
Limiting attendance is a bad idea, but limiting participation is a good one, and make sure multiple runs are achieved for those who do not want to play for three hours straight get a break and late arrivals get a chance to play. (Three hours or however long we do this for)

We will set the room up like normal, with projected wii, and TV dreamcast/PS2 swapping formats between tourney runs.

I will inquire about weekend event room booking at the GM building.
Pretty much everyone should be able to attend a weekend session, and it will ensure separation from this and a usual weekday meeting.

Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Just because I'm in charge doesn't mean you can't point out mistakes or tell me I suck.
Although if you're a member of staff, your internal mutiny disruptor will be activated.
Back to top Go down
Zero_angel

Zero_angel

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:42 am

Sounds pretty much like a club open day
It might work
Back to top Go down
orca

orca

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Don't forget we are also allowed a cirtain number of associate memberships, so if people want to join who aren't mmu students should come to me and I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the society...   Suggestion for the society... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for the society...
Page 1 of 1